Friday, August 14, 2009

And the award goes to....

Andrea for Mother of the Year!!!



Here is why....I was working at our school on Wednesday and Thursday filling in for our regular secretary who was having fun at the fair with her cows. My in-laws were very kind to watch the boys both days. AND I was very fortunate that my father-in-law came to the school each of those mornings at 8:30 to pick them up. (Thank you Papa!!!)



Wednesday went fine. We pulled into the parking lot, the boys jumped out of my car and into his. Off they went for a fun day. Fast forward to Thursday, same thing happened, out of one car and into the other. Nice and smooth right???? Guess again!



Two hours later, I receive a phone call from my mother-in-law...do I still have Cale's backpack with all of his diabetes supplies? I run out to the car and sure as s&*t...there is was in the backseat. So Papa drove the 45 minutes back to the school to pick up the backpack. Then he drove the 45 minutes back to his house and got there just in time for lunch. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day and he brought the convertible and had the top down. He had a nice birthday drive (did I mention that it was also his birthday?? Absent minded daughter-in-law of the year award coming soon!!) all alone.



It's been two years since Cale was diagnosed and we have been using the exact same little black backpack the entire time!!! It goes everywhere with us! I swear, one of these days I will pull my head out of my butt and take a nice deep breath!



2 comments:

papa said...

Andrea is taking all the blame, but I am just as much at fault. We talked about the insulin in the infamous black bag and then got talking to the boys. Besides as she said it was a beautiful morning for a drive in the convertible.

Papa the father-in-law

:) Tracie said...

You doofus!

How blessed you are to have a father in law who loves your family unconditionally to go that extra mile for you...all 45 min. of it! Did you include gas money?!!!

That's the wonderful part of diabetes.....your brain never gets to just relax! Stuff like that can happen, stop kicking yourself.

Can I see the award when it comes? It should look like mine!LOL!