Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to normal...somewhat

As an update to my Saturday night/Sunday early morning fiasco, after talking to his endo and waiting the 2 hours, Cale was back down to 142. PHEW!!!! However, he did wake up at only 47...can you say over correction?? So I gave him his breakfast right away and then his bolus and I was off to care for Auntie Lauren's kitty cats again. An hour later, I get a call from Pat, the pod actually came off of the adhesive, which was still attached to Cale's tummy. Let me tell you, going step by step over a cell phone on how to attach a new pod is not high on my list of fun things to do. But it was done and all was well. At least until that night. Cale and I were at a Cub Scout Dinner and right smack dab in the middle of eating, as I was going to give him his bolus, the Remote (as we call it) beeped and announced there was a communication error and that insulin delivery has been interrupted, change pod. Are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?! So we left our half eaten dinners and raced home to put a new one on. If you are keeping count, that is 5 pods in just 24 hours. Ironically, our rep emailed me this morning asking how things were going, I rambled out a decent reply and hopefully some replacements will be forthcoming.

A little setback, nothing we cannot handle. Something we don't want to handle, but "Such is Life". I am not discouraged and I am trying to keep it positive for Cale. It is a new week and hopefully everything will return to "normal".

SIGH!!!!

1 comment:

:) Tracie said...

My favorite number is 5......back off!

Glad things are better. Hopefully you'll get some free stuff from the pod guys...wouldn't that be nice?!

(Maybe you should weigh your purse down with pump extras like I do, just a thought)