Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Baby Turns 6 Today!!!!!

Six years ago today, around 3:30 in the morning, I started feeling tightening in my abdomen.  Nothing painful, but the tightening came every ten minutes.  So after about 2 hours of this, I called the doctor and after remembering how quick my first son was born (6 hours from first drip of pitocin to his first breath) I was told to come in as soon as possible.

Eighteen hours later, after a scary incident involving near intibation and the crash cart and after not dialating past 7 cm, Ryan Patrick Sowers was born via c-section weighing in at 9 pounds 7 ounces and measuring 20 inches long.  Sweet, tubby little guy!!!  He actually looked like a dark chubby little Italian guy which lead to some questions from friends as to who the father really was.  After awhile, his skin lightened and he started looking more like his pale, white Irish Daddy!!! 


Today, he isn't so tubby.  He is finally growing out of his nickname "Midget" and is the most active little boy ever!  He is an ice skating maniac!  He loves kindergarten!  He is a little on the bull headed stubborn side (who am I kidding, there is nothing little about that!!) and can really hold his own.  He has the littlest teeth ever and still loves his "baby blanket" a.k.a. "the rag".  He loves to talk and talk and talk, John Deere tractors, monster trucks, legos, his bike and watching SpongeBob Squarepants, but will still watch Max and Ruby if given the chance. 

Happy 6th Birthday Little Man!  I love you!!!


I will post pictures from tonight with cake and presents tomorrow!!

1 comment:

:) Tracie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!!!!!!

I didn't remember the crash cart thing. Course, I don't 'member much!